Re: [Banshee-List] popularimeter tag

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Sebastian <sebastian spiess gmail com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> can someone explain to me how the popularimeter tag is set up? or
> point me into the right direction?
>
> In my case I would like to know how a Score of 33 and a play count of
> 3 does relate to "POPULARIMETER=Banshee|255|65629186"
>
> As I have another song with score=33 and play count=3 with different
> tag content "Banshee|255|57701634" I assume there is more that just
> using the count/score.
>
> Here http://mail.gnome.org/archives/banshee-list/2008-May/msg00067.html
> I can read that the POPULARIMETER tag does not cover the 'score' that
> banshee does calculate upon play/skip.

The values in the popularimeter tag are calculated from the rating and
the playcount.
You can see the code here:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/banshee/tree/src/Core/Banshee.Core/Banshee.Streaming/StreamRatingTagger.cs

So it looks like for your examples the two tracks have a 5 star
rating, but the play count seems wrong.
Please run Banshee in debug mode (run "banshee --debug") to see the
logs showing what Banshee is storing. If there's something wrong,
please file a bug with those logs:
http://banshee.fm/contribute/file-bugs/

--
Bertrand Lorentz