Re: [Banshee-List] Extensions, mono and monodoc

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 1:17 AM, Gianluca Coviello <coviello gl gmail com> wrote:
> I send this message again as I don't know whether it was delivered. The
> subject lacked the [banshee-list] tag.
> In case it's duplicated, I beg pardon.

Your initial message went through, it's just I didn't find the time to
answer earlier.

MonoDevelop should look for the references using pkg-config. The
packages are defined in .pc files, like
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/banshee-core.pc, which indicate where the assembly
is located.
Do you have those on your system ?
What makes you say MonoDevelop is looking for the references in your
home folder ?

> Another problem I have is with monodoc... although I can see the help tree
> on the left, the documentation seems mm... few... I can see the different
> namespaces, classes and functions defined in classes, but that's it... no
> explanation about what any method does or the meaning of the input
> parameters.
> Any clue about how to solve this second issue? What did I do wrong?

You probably did nothing wrong. We don't have much proper code
documentation as such, what you see in monodoc is mostly what's been
generated automatically from the source code.

If anyone is interested in improving this situation: code
documentation should be added in the various xml files found under the
docs/ folder.

The best way to find your way around the code base is probably to find
code that is doing something similar to what you're trying to do and
start from there. And if you have specific questions, you can ask them
here, and we'll try to help.

Good luck !

--
Bertrand Lorentz