From: "Gianluca Coviello" <coviello gl gmail com>
Date: 28/mar/2012 19.48
Subject: Extensions, mono and monodoc
To: <banshee-list gnome org>

Hello everybody,
this is my first message and I hope I'm not breaking any rule :S

I really love banshee, but there's a feature in it that I don't like, i.e. it doesn't embed the album art inside the mp3 files. I suppose it's done by design in order not to make the files too big, but, alas, this way, my mp3 player doesn't display the album art either... and I hate that all my songs, when played on the mp3, have the same default image, so I was thinking about writing an extension for my purpose.

I followed the guidelines to write a new extension and the process was perfectly fluid, but when I open the solution in monodevelop, the references seem to be not corrected, i.e. everywhere it gives me a reference error asking me whether I am missing an assembly. monodevelop looks for the references in my home folder, for example in ~/Banshee.Core, but they are surely not there, although I don't know where they are.
Consequently, I have no autocompletion neither I can build from inside monodevelop, although building with make works perfectly.
Any clue about how to solve this first issue?

Another problem I have is with monodoc... although I can see the help tree on the left, the documentation seems mm... few... I can see the different namespaces, classes and functions defined in classes, but that's it... no explanation about what any method does or the meaning of the input parameters.
Any clue about how to solve this second issue? What did I do wrong?

I hope I'm not asking questions more than ansewered and I beg pardon for my English... it's not my native language.

Cheers,
Gianluca