Re: [Banshee-List] Audiobooks

2011/9/29 Hein Alexander Leikarnes <nieh myopera com>:
> Hi
>
> Is there any way to sort audiobooks after author name instead of the book title?
>
> example: author A[book A, book B, book C], author B[book A, book B, book C]

I don't think so but that would make a fantastic feature request which
you are most welcome to file (www.banshee.fm/file-bugs).

I have also been giving some thoughts to how series should be handled.
E.g. Terry Pratchetts Discworld books of which I am a fan, it would be
nice to be able to have them ordered by Author and reading order
(which isn't always the same as publication order for some series).

Another nice thing to add would be the ability to merge a set of files
into one mp3. A lot of audiobooks bought as mp3s on cds e.g. come
split in hundreds of files for one real reason. I believe that
bookmarks are a better way to indicate chapters, progress and the
like. This might not be core functionality but with services like
Google Music that count not storage used but items uploaded this would
vastly improve utilization as well as being more logical..

- David