Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee doesn't show metadata when playing a streamed flac file

I have just seen a similar problem.

I went through my whole collection on my server and setup all the
compilations so they showed up as an album for a given compilation.
(essentially, I added the album artist tag as "Various Artists")

Though external tag programs, Easytag for example, do not show this tag,
it seems to work fine when displayed by Banshee on the server. On a
remote machine though, the tag is not seen and each song on the album is
listed as a separate album. (on the remote, the compilation checkbox is
unchecked, the field is grayed out and shows the artist name)

Since I can't see the tag in Easytag, I'm guessing the extra info is
locally cached by Banshee and thus isn't seen on a remote.

It just so happens that these are flac files. (I just don't have any
non-flac compilations, so it may not work with mp3 either...)

Mac