Re: [Banshee-List] podcast suggestions

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Bertrand Lorentz
<bertrand lorentz gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Skywaalker <mina awesome gmail com> wrote:
>> Would be nice atleast for podcasts(for longer tracks can be useful too)
>> remember the playback position and somehow visualy show which one is
>> played/unplayed like in itunes.
>
> You should be able set add a bookmark to remember the current track
> and position, just go to Tools > Bookmarks.
> It should work also for podcasts, although they probably need to be
> already downloaded to your machine.
> But while trying to confirm this, it seems I've uncovered a bug with
> the bookmark feature in the current development version: selecting a
> bookmark doesn't start playing :(

I've committed a fix for that bug, which will be included in the
upcoming 2.2 release.

Contrary to what I said above, you can actually set a bookmark on a
podcast episode that you are streaming (not downloaded). I've tested
with 2 audio podcasts and one video podcast. I thought I'd mention,
because I think it's pretty cool :)

--
Bertrand Lorentz