Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee updates

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 9:42 PM, Gitfid <therealguitarman gmail com> wrote:
> I think it would be useful to include a way to update the application from
> one of the menus inside of Banshee.
> Not a high priority, but a nice feature that many not so keen users would
> enjoy.

This is already implemented for Windows : The action is in the Help
menu, and the check should also be done on startup.
Code here :
http://git.gnome.org/browse/banshee/tree/src/Backends/Banshee.Windows/Banshee.Windows/VersionUpdater.cs

As mentioned by Nelson, I don't think this would make sense on Linux,
except maybe for our "one file bundle". And I don't know how updates
are usually done on OS X, through the AppStore these days I guess ?

--
Bertrand Lorentz