Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee freezes in the absence of an network/internet connection

On Sat, 2011-11-19 at 07:45 -0800, lfreeze wrote:
> I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 and Banshee 2.2 on a laptop.
>
> I've recently been working in an environment in which the only internet
> access is via wireless and the access is extremely unreliable---the network
> connection is constantly dropped and, when connected, data transfer is
> extremely slow.  Thus, I often disable my wireless radio.  (If I don't, I
> keep getting messages on my screen every time the connection is dropped and
> re-established.)
>
> I've noticed that when I disable my wireless radio (and thus have no network
> connections active) Banshee freezes up when I attempt to play music.  The
> Banshee window dims, sometimes my CPU begins working furiously, and the only
> way I can shut Banshee down is by forcing it to.  The track I'm playing
> continues to play, but, when the track is finished playing, it doesn't
> advance to the next one.  I think this is caused by the absence of a network
> connection rather than the absence of an internet connection, because this
> doesn't seem to happen when I am not connected to the internet but have the
> wireless radio enabled.
>
> Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?  Is it a bug?

There's a bug in 2.2.0 somewhere on Launchpad where the
UbuntuOneMusicStore extension causes hangs when the Internet connection
goes down. It's been fixed in 2.2.1 which is now in oneiric-updates.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin