Re: [Banshee-List] Shared database

Roderich,
Tks for the clarification. I thought so. As u say, I see from
http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q5 http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q5  that
multinstance access seems to be fine with SQLite. Is it hard to implement
this in Banshee?

I'm asking this as a constructive supporter. I think that with Ubuntu, and
therefore Banshee, getting more and more mainstream everyday that a shared
music dbase could be a killer feature for home networks. How abt a Banshee
menu structure with subfolders for clients/users with their own playlists
and radio stations? Subfolders writeable by the owners/creators, but
readable by others, from anywhere on the network...

Chow Loong Jin,
Tks as well. I've actually been hoping that topfs2 would get the uPnP done
and it would be merged. I see from browsing his branch that he's working
with Rygel
https://github.com/mono-soc-2011/banshee/tree/rygel_integration_2
https://github.com/mono-soc-2011/banshee/tree/rygel_integration_2 , so it
seems to be ongoing. I've asked for an update on his blog. Let's see...

Cheers