Re: [Banshee-List] Amazon MP3 Downloader required?

On 11/09/2011 01:45 AM, Bertrand Lorentz wrote:
On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Jeff Van Epps<jve24 lordbah com>  wrote:
Do I have to install the Amazon MP3 Downloader to be able to purchase and
download from inside Banshee directly to my library? Wondering because they
don't appear to have a 64-bit version of it.
The Amazon store in Banshee does not depend on the downloader provided
by Amazon.
If you're using Banshee on Linux and are in one of the countries where
Amazon offers MP3s, you should be able to purchase you music from the
Amazon store.

I'm in the U.S. and have used AMS inside Banshee before, on 32-bit 11.04. I thought that what I had done then was buy the downloads, they go to the cloud, I go to the cloud player from inside Banshee, select the items, click download, and Banshee shows the little import progress bar and downloads/imports them. Of course my memory could be wrong. Now, if I follow that path, after I've selected the multiple newly-purchased items in the cloud player and clicked download, I get a popup saying their downloader is required. If I try to follow it, I'm faced with the fact that they don't have a 64-bit version. If I try to ignore it, Banshee shows "Amazon MP3 Purchases / Contacting..." with a progress bar which cylons but never finishes - and cannot be canceled (clicking the X has no effect). The log complains about the .amz file:

The help leads me to believe that this might be due to the fact that the files were purchased more than 18 hours ago.

Am I supposed to download only one item at a time from their cloud player (within Banshee)? Turn off their cloud player, i.e. do I need to be downloading immediately when each track is purchased?