[Banshee-List] banshee being dropped from ubuntu because of GTK3 support

I just saw this article, it concerned me a lot and I think it might be of interest to the members of this list.

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/11/rhythmbox-might-replace-banshee-in.html

For the lazy here is the important bit:

As for the second session, most people who have attended the default applications session today at UDS-P have agreed to replace Banshee with Rhythmbox by default.However, decision is not final as there are a few things that need to be checked first (like Unity Music Lens integration, etc.).

The main reason for this is that Banshee still uses GTK2 and the GTK3 branch is currently blocked by some missing GTK# 3 features. And this blocks porting the Ubuntu One Music Store plugin to GTK 3.

At the end of the session, it was even discussed to completely remove Mono from the CD since only Tomboy and Gbrainy would be using it, but no decision regarding this was taken.