Re: [Banshee-List] Should I make the usability test?

Hi again

Finally, I can show you the result of the usability test I conducted. Unfortunately I only manages to test Banshee on two users. I would have liked to test on more users, but it took more time than I expected, so I decided to cut down. I tested the Ubuntu One Music Store, as Amazon MP3 store is not available where I live (Denmark). The result from that test is not in this report, as I think it is more relevant to Canonical, besides that I still miss analysing that part of the test. I plan to turn the results into bug report the next days, but need to spend a bit time making sure that the problems have not been reported already. I found some more problems, that I have not documented yet, I need to look a bit more on those.

Anyway here it is:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/175591/Banshee-Usability-Test-1.pdf

(There might be a better place for such a document, so pleas let me know if I should upload it somewhere, Bugzill maybe?)

Enjoy :-)

/Jonas

On 2011-04-11 15:40, Jonas Urth Olsen wrote:
Hey,

I saw the proposal of making a usability test based on the one Canonical
made on for Rhythmbox:
https://live.gnome.org/Banshee/UsabilityReport

I thought about doing it, and would just make sure nobody else was on
it, and would hear if there any interest in getting it done? I can't
make it as extensive as the one made by Canonical. It would be with 3-4
persons, and some of the task might not get tested, like Last.fm, as I
think I will have problems getting users of that service. Beside that I
might change some of the tasks, if I think I have a better way to do it.
I think I need 2-3 weeks to prepare, test and report. So the question is
should I go ahead?

/Jonas

--
Jonas Urth Olsen
Thesis student, studying open source communities.