Re: [Banshee-List] Chronological album sorting / Banshee database question

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the quick reply - and apologies for not replying so promptly myself! I've been working on this in my spare time over the last few weeks, and I finally have something that works (for me, anyway). I've written a perl script to scan through my Banshee library and change the sort album fields so albums are now displayed chronologically instead of alphabetically on my ipod (I tried writing a Banshee extension, but I'm just not up to the coding unfortunately). I guess this will work for other devices that support the Sort Album tag, but I haven't been able to test it.

Along the way, I found myself implementing a few more features I'd like to see in Banshee but don't have the technical know-how to implement, such as:
I'm also working on a feature to change the sort field (not the actual artist name) for artist names that begin with "The" (e.g. "The Who" to "Who, The") - it bugs me that the browser in Banshee sorts them under T. If anyone else is as pedantic as me, you can find the source at https://gitorious.org/bansheetoolkit. I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions!

Happy sorting,
Donagh