Re: [Banshee-List] where are the files banshee put on my iphone

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 9:51 AM, alexidoia <alex idoia com> wrote:
> HI,
> I did not get any response for my question. I know banshee as transfered
> about 1gig of sound files onto the iphone, what applications should I read
> besides of ipod to read them from my phone ?
> Thanks
>
> --

Hi Alex,

does Banshee show your music? What operating system do you use? If on
Linux, try browsing your iPhone with Nautilus.
Your music should be in iTunes_Control/Music. The folder structure
will be somewhat cryptic due to the way the device stores the data in
its database, but some MP3 files should be there.
iTunes cannot display or transfer music that is already on the
iPhone/iPod by design. "It's not a bug, it's a feature" as they say,
so if you want to copy music from your phone back to your computer,
you'll have to use another software than iTunes. I heard of someone
using Senuti on MacOS a while back but it looks like it's not free.
Maybe someone else can recommend another application.

All the best
Marcus