Re: [Banshee-List] GSoC 2011 Ideas from Tobias

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 11:05 PM, Tobias Arrskog <tobias arrskog gmail com> wrote:

''Make banshee able to share content''
This is tangential with the first proposal and I came to this idea
when I read about this bugreport: (I realize that bugreport is about
DAAP though :) ). What I mean by tangential is that perhaps it would
be better to implement the session wide library proposal which rygel
then could always check, that way an application never have to care
about the sharing. Drifting a bit "off-topic" one proposal could still
be to integrate banshee with different server libraries, amongst those
could be to integrate it with DAAP# and/or with Rygel.

This sounds like a great idea and one that could be quite useful for many. The ideas being tossed around sound similar to something I read about an app still in development called contractor. Of course I can't say much about it, but it does sound like a bit of a middle man between different applications. Perhaps it will be useful?

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/03/contractor-brings-seamless-file-sharing-between-apps-to-the-linux-desktop/