Re: [Banshee-List] Playback don't follow album order

On 3/14/2011 4:21 PM, Romuald TISSERAND wrote:
A banshee DB reset and things are much better now.

From: softromu hotmail com
To: banshee-list gnome org
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 22:03:19 +0100
Subject: [Banshee-List] Playback don't follow album order

Hi all,
I'm facing a strange issue with Banshee.

OS : Ubuntu 10.10 64
Banshee 1.8.1

Test case 1:
1. Double click on an album (let say Portishead Third)
-> The first track begins to play
2. Click "next"
-> The track which begins to play is anything but the next track in the
selected album. (for instance Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone)
3. Click "next"
-> The track which begins to play is anything the following of the
previous one (Bob Dylan - Just like a woman in that case)
-> Following next well play the next track in...Bob Dylan

Test case 2:
1. Double click on an album (let say Bjork debut)
-> The first track begins to play
2. Click "next"
-> The track which begins to play is anything but the next track in the
selected album. (for instance Bob Dylan - I shall be free)
3. Click "next"
-> The played track is the second in the Bjork Debut album
4. Click "next"
-> Bob Dylan - I shall be free again
4. Click "next"
-> The played track is the third in the Bjork Debut album

Of course, I checked "shuffle" mode is off. I don't even know what
triggers between tc1 and tc2 but I never can get a normal mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I encountered this problem several months ago as well. After I tired of deleting and re-creating my database a few times a day, I found that changing the sort order of the playlist or queue and then changing it back would correct the playback order.

I have not encountered the issue since moving to the 1.9 branch.

--
Dustin C. Hatch
http://dustin.hatch.name/

"In the beginning the universe was created. This made a lot of people
angry and has been widely regarded as a 'bad move'."
--Douglas Adams