Re: [Banshee-List] External USB Drive - 5 min Startup

I'm finally getting back to this, and would like to solve it hopefully.

You suggestion works in part. If I don't mount my drive before I start
Banshee then everything loads fine. I then must mount my drive with it open
to access my music of course. The problem lies in trying to update the DB.
"Rescan" If I point it to the folder I want it will scan it, but then
continues scanning the entire drive after that. I even went as far as to use
mount --bind to put only the folder I wanted into a sub directory of Music
in my /home path. No matter what I try it wants to scan my entire 2TB drive
when it's done with the folder it was told about. This drive probably has a
million+ files on it!

I do not have folder watch turned on or any other option I can think of that
would enable this behavior. The only work-around I can even think to try is
to kill Banshee right after it finishes with the initial scan and then
unmount my drive, start Banshee, remount drive and repeat any time I want to
update my DB.

Please tell me I'm doing something stupid and I'll be incredibly happy. If
not, could someone help me troubleshoot this further?

Ako