Re: [Banshee-List] Which Banshee

I use a distro almost as same as yours, but in my case its Linux Mint Gnome Edition (not a 'rolling' distro).

I like banshee, and it fits all my needs. In the case you want always the latest stable version, and banshee has a PPA that offers you that. Its located at https://launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive/ppa

To add it to your distro (because Linux Mint is a derivative from Ubuntu), just type this in your terminal (shell):

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:banshee-team/ppa

Than, it will be just update list of packages, and then install (or upgrade) your banshee

To update list:
sudo apt-get update

To install banshee:
sudo apt-get install banshee

To upgrade it (if already installed):
sudo apt-get upgrade banshee

This ppa "repository" also has another packages that maybe interest you, like plugins and extensions. You can have a look at all packages related to banshee by typing on terminal (shell):

sudo apt-get install banshee-<TAB>

where <TAB> means that you have to press Tab key 2 times, so that shell auto-complete all packages that starts with this name.

Hope you like this player. I find it awesome.

Sorry about english, I speak portuguese (Brazil).

 Att,
Gabriel L. Oliveira