[Banshee-List] Problem with gapless playback

hey all,

this might take a bit of explaining:

i'm running 11.04 64-bit and windows 7 dualboot. yesterday, i tried to merge
some of my partitions using windows disk management and it didn't work.
which was fine, but i had to reinstall and reupdate to grub 2.0 which i
found out is a known problem if you mess with partitions in windows.

everything is working fine in 11.04 now, except that my gapless playback in
banshee is not working. there's now a little gap between every song. is this
a hard drive problem? is there a way to fix it?

also, another thing which is probably unrelated: banshee is constantly
spinning a circle in the bottom left hand corner. when i put my cursor over
it, it tells me it's "downloading cover art", but i haven't added any new
files to my library.