Re: [Banshee-List] DVD Patch

can't you just include the feature but have people install the encrypted library themselves as they know the legal issues where they live?

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 11:37 AM, william witt <william witt-family net> wrote:

That is not entirely true.  Unencrypted home dvds should be able to rip without libdvdcss.  Additionally, even dvd playback of encrypted dvds would require libdvdcss.  But I assume gstreamer handles that bit if the lib is present just like it would in totem.   So with just playback banshee doesn't have to concern itself with the legal conserns.

I think it will come down more to the fact that ripping video is hard to do well, and playback is fairly simple by comparison.

Will

On Jul 26, 2011 1:04 PM, "gnomeuser gmail com" <gnomeuser gmail com> wrote:

2011/7/26 Tim D'Annecy <nitrousinacan gmail com>

> With this patch, will Banshee be able to rip DV...

No, and such a feature would depend on libdvdcss which is illegal to distribute in a number of countries.