Re: [Banshee-List] DVD Patch

That is not entirely true.  Unencrypted home dvds should be able to rip without libdvdcss.  Additionally, even dvd playback of encrypted dvds would require libdvdcss.  But I assume gstreamer handles that bit if the lib is present just like it would in totem.   So with just playback banshee doesn't have to concern itself with the legal conserns.

I think it will come down more to the fact that ripping video is hard to do well, and playback is fairly simple by comparison.

Will

On Jul 26, 2011 1:04 PM, "gnomeuser gmail com" <gnomeuser gmail com> wrote:

2011/7/26 Tim D'Annecy <nitrousinacan gmail com>

> With this patch, will Banshee be able to rip DV...

No, and such a feature would depend on libdvdcss which is illegal to distribute in a number of countries.