Re: [Banshee-List] banshee libnotify

I had the same issue when I was using xfce4-notifyd, i.e. the markup
is displayed in the notification. Notifications from Ario, which also
utilizes markup tags, display correctly. You can deal with this in a
few ways. If you want to have Banshee notifications display correctly,
you need to use the Gnome notification daemon. Otherwise, I think
you'll have to disable the Notification Area Icon extension (Edit >
Preferences, Extensions tab.)

I haven't put much time into investigating the issue, to determine if
it is a bug in Banshee or xfce4-notifyd. Either case seems just as
likely to me at this point.

Dustin C. Hatch
http://dustin.hatch.name/

"In the beginning the universe was created. This made a lot of people
angry and has been widely regarded as a 'bad move'."
--Douglas Adams