Re: [Banshee-List] Updating metadata (ID3v2)

Thanks for the reply. Indeed after enabling the FilesystemWatcher plugin, it automatically picked up the changes. I thought the plugin only looked for new or deleted files, but not for changes inside the files.

I have two more quick questions:

Is there a way to disable Banshee creating a ID3v1 tag inside my mp3s? i want Banshee to write the ratings and play counts into the metadata, but it also creates a ID3v1 tag, and I don't want that to happen. Is there the option to select which version Banshee should use? (and even better also the encoding) Also, it's kind of confusing the General Preferences dialogue since I have two options: "Write metadata to files" and "Write ratings and play count" I thought that the second one implies writing metadata into the files, and I can select the second without selecting the first.... weird.

The second question: The option to "Update file and folder names", do the files get updated following the "File Organization" in the second tab? If so, why isn't an option to write the file name as "Number - Title" since the option with a dot after the number can cause problems in windows systems and I do have my music folder shared with other windows computers.

--
Felipe Castillo

On Sun, 2011-01-23 at 13:17 +0100, Sebastian Krämer wrote:
On 01/22/2011 07:25 PM, Felipe Castillo wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I was wondering if Banshee has a way to rescan the metadata of a file(s)
> in the library. I love to use my external ID3 tag editor to make
> changes, but unfortunately those changes don't show up in Banshee. I try
> using "Rescan Music Library" but the old metadata still shows.

See if your version has the FilesystemWatcher plugin. It works well for
me when changing tags in the background while banshee is running! I'm
not convinced yet that it works perfectly but I couldn't reproduce some
not-reimported-error I seem to have experienced so far (haven't really
tried hard).
I think a rescan should have picked up your changes though.

HTH,

Sebastian