Re: [Banshee-List] Album completeness

2011/1/20 troels <troels knakkergaard dk>

I'm also wishing for album-orientation instead of track-orientation, from a
storage point of view. All these many individual track files fragments the
disk drive and the time it takes to backup or mirror your music collection
would be half the time if albums was stored as such (if your music
collection originates from albums that is). I made this crude presentation a
while back, http://album.sf.net

If you want an experience that is very album focused you can try the muinshee frontend for Banshee.

Maybe this concept is compatible with yours Dougal, some common ground could
be found?
I may be prepared do some work on this, to get .album support in Banshee. I
know C# well but I'm not familiar with the Banshee code nor with GtkSharp
nor with gstreamer but I could probably learn. Proof of concept would be to
see Banshee play such an .album file. Initially the files can be produced by
hand but eventually good tools to convert to and fro will be needed, maybe
from inside Banshee.

Greetings,
Troels K

http://sourceforge.net/users/troelsk