Re: [Banshee-List] Album completeness

You mean having the albums as one big file (Tracks merged into one)?
aka .flac with .cue sheets.

Looking at the http://album.sf.net site.....
(I Don't agree with the website's "Why:" on most points actually!)

However, It seems a pretty good idea on the face of it, Using the easy traversed .zip archive.
And you effectively keep your tracks as separate individual .mp3's still.

The upsides:
The larger zip files are better for larger clusters sizes of todays storage mediums.

The Downsides:
It add's a layer of complexity that becomes a pain in the ass when your managing/maintianing you music archive. ie. Just a random selection of mp3's to listen too becomes a real pita. You never really know whats in that archive until you open it. Checking lots of albums takes longer. Not sure how resilient .zip's are to a bad sector..... But if they are in a Solid archive your in trouble. The code to handle these archives would have to be written into not only Players, But Tag editors as well.

Oz.