Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee UI Update

I like what you are proposing, I haven't had a lot of time as of late,
I will rethink the ideas and rework the mockup. I was thinking though
with the "thumbnail view" that it would be best say to have it filter
by artist as default, you can then have extra info like number of
albums by artists/minute or hours of play and maybe genre or
year(below thumbnail image) or which the user can switch to as their
primary filter, I hope that makes sense.  In a way I think it will
obsolete the current view though I stand to be corrected.  In my
personal experience I find it very difficult to filter music with the
current setup as I can only filter by artist/album and scrolling
through some thousands of songs is rather time consuming. I would like
to explore some more intuitive ways for users to browse through their
music collection and see if and how they can be incorporated into
banshee, will keep you posted.