Re: [Banshee-List] Fail to control playback from terminal

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:22 PM, rvernucio <rvernucio yahoo com br> wrote:

> Bertrand Lorentz wrote:
>>
>> That problem is usually a sign that something is wrong with your D-Bus
>> setup : Banshee uses the d-bus session bus to check whether an
>> instance is already running and to send it the various commands (play,
>> pause, etc.)
>>
>> To see if your session bus is setup properly, you can check if the
>> DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS environment variable is set.
>>
>> --
>> Bertrand Lorentz
>>

> Hi, thanx for your reply. Could you please help me checking if the
> DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS environment variable is set? I don't know how to do
> it.

Run the following command in a terminal :
echo $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS

It should give you something like the following :
unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-IEpGRRL0DI,guid=71246c319846a828cdf28e8900000027

I would suggest you to get some help through your distribution's
support channel, as the d-bus configuration probably varies from one
distro to another.

--
Bertrand Lorentz