[Banshee-List] Windows 7 x64 SP1 - Unable to Play

I recently attempted to switch from other windows alternatives to Banshee
without success.  I installed the OSSBuild of Gstreamer and ran the gst
launcher and proceeded to install Banshee.  Once installed the program
opened however it would close down when attempting to play .mkv files, and
incorrect played .wmv's in a standoff window that I believe was associated
with GStreamer.

Am I doing something incorrect in my process of installation?