Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 2.0 On Windows 7 - Fatal Error

I just installed 2.0 on my Windows 7 64 bit machine and had no problems. Try posting your

%APPDATA%\banshee-1\log

file to see if there are any errors.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Dustin C. Hatch <admiralnemo gmail com> wrote:
On 4/6/2011 3:57 PM, precipitous wrote:
I just installed Banshee 2.0 on a Windows 7 box. I set it to Run As
Administrator and tried running it both normally, and in Compatibility Mode
with Windows XP. Either way when I launch the application I get the
following fatal error:

"Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation".

Has anyone else encountered this error?

I haven't tried the public build on Windows yet, but I do have the latest git code running fine on Windows 7. You shouldn't have to run Banshee in compatibility mode, and you *definitely* shouldn't run it as administrator (you shouldn't run anything as administrator, really, but that's a different topic entirely).

The error you posted looks like something the JIT debugger would spit out. Is there a way to expand the dialog you get to see the rest of the message and the traceback? If so, please post that so we can have a little more insight into what's happening.

Depending on when the crash actually occurs, you may have some information in the log. Please check C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\banshee for a log file and have a look at its contents.

Let us know if you find anything more.

--
Dustin C. Hatch
http://dustin.hatch.name/

"In the beginning the universe was created. This made a lot of people
angry and has been widely regarded as a 'bad move'."
--Douglas Adams