[Banshee-List] Ipod (hate it)- Sync entire library

I can finally sink banshee to my ipod... Thank you devs soo much!

now I have three new issues, that I would like to raise prior to issuing a
bug report?

1) I synchronized my entire library to the Ipod (god I hate this thing),
using auto sync - entire library, And Banshee started to sync all 12000+
files, now this may not seem strange, but my Music library consists of only
6300 mp3 files. I do have 10 smart lists which my music collection is sorted
into..

What appears to have happened is that banshee is copying the files to the
ipod for each playlist, meaning i have every song on my Ipod twice! - just
wondering if anybody else has had this problem?

2) I am able to create a playlist for my Ipod in banshee, but banchee never
transfers the playlist to the ipod. It doesn't matter if it is a normal
playlist or smart playlist. it never transfers. ipod->music->playlists =
very empty

3) Not an Ipod question as such more a general banshee question that can
probably be answered here; I have banshee configure to write playcounts and
ratings to files, yet no other program or the ipod can read the ratings left
by banshee. I use a combination of genre and ratings to create smart
playlists and it appears that banshee does use the popularitymeter tag but
with banshee: preceding the score. is this common or just not a widely
supported feature?

Cheers
Nick