Re: [Banshee-List] Rescan music library does not work in 1.7.5

Under Edit > Preferences > Source Specific, what is the location of your Music folder?  As far as I remember, the Rescan Music Library tool will only scan your Music folder, and it isn't currently possible to set multiple locations for your music library.  Assuming your music library folder is set to something other than /data/Media, that might explain why rescanning isn't automatically importing the new tracks...?

Michael

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:01 AM, Gary <gdanko ymail com> wrote:
 What I meant to say is, the mp3s are showing up correctly in the filesystem. I can use id3tool to read their tags and whatnot.

From: banshee-list gnome org
To: "banshee-list gnome org" <banshee-list gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:59:11 PM
Subject: [Banshee-List] Rescan music library does not work in 1.7.5

I have my Phil Hendrie collection in /data/Media/Hendrie. I've imported 734 tracks and created a smart playlist called Hendrie. The smart playlist contains any item with the ID3 artist tag "Phil Hendrie". I have a script that runs every night. It logs me into Phil Hendrie's site, downloads the latest show (3 one-hour mp3s per night, Mon-Fri), and tags them using id3tool.

They are downloaded to /data/Media/Hendrie/YYYY-MM-DD. The mp3s are showing up correctly and properly tagged but if I open Banshee, click Tools > Rescan Music Library, the new tracks do not show up. Is there something wrong here? Shouldn't rescanning the library pick up new tracks?

I am using Banshee 1.7.5 on Lucid Lynx AMD64.