Re: [Banshee-List] Samsung Captivate

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 16:30 -0700, Jeremy David wrote:
> Thanks for your response!
>

> So, I actually already found that document and I tried to create that
> file, but I don't see how to do it in the Captivate. I see a menu
> option to create a directory, but not to create a file.
>

> Any tips or pointers? Is it even possible to create a file (not a
> directory) in the Captivate? Am I overlooking something obvious?

It sounds like the Samsung defaults to presenting itself as an MTP
device. There should be a setting to mount the phone as a disk drive.
When you plug the phone in, does a USB symbol appear in the top bar? If
so, slide down the notification bar, and see if you can find a setting
for mounting the phone as a drive. When you do that, banshee should
recognize the phone as a mass storage device, and you'll also be able to
navigate the phone's memory card using a file browser. Otherwise, you
might need to look through the phone's settings to find a way to change
that (Menu button -> Settings -> Connect to PC should allow you to set
the default, if Samsung hasn't tweaked Android too much).

Michael K