Re: [Banshee-List] Ubuntu's got 1.7.5

El 15/09/10 05:39, Michael Martin-Smucker escribió:
> I would guess that there's no harm in trying, as long as you have
> backups of any media that may already be on the device.  If you want to
> wait for more concrete answers than my "it works for me!" response,
> that's definitely understandable, especially when hardware is concerned.

To add to Michael and Alan's comments:
- Check if the addin "AppleDevice" is enabled. If it is, you're using
the new libgpod addin.
- If "AppleDevice" is not enabled, then you're using the deprecated
library and only iPod support (no support for iPodTouch or iPhones). In
this case, I would recommend you to choose one of this 3 options:
a) Wait until Banshee's Ubuntu repo packages AppleDevice extension.
b) Wait until 1.7.6 release which is due today, and wait until Banshee's
Ubuntu repo packages this version.
c) Use Banshee 1.7.3.

The reason for (b) and (c) is about a bug I accidentally introduced in
1.7.4 which will be fixed in 1.7.6 (it's not that the bug breaks iPod
support, but it makes it much less efficient time-wise and it doesn't
report the user when it's finished, so the user may disconnect the iPod
too soon).

Regards,

  Andres