Re: [Banshee-List] Ubuntu's got 1.7.5

1. With the right external dependencies, Banshee 1.7.5 should recognize just about any iPod you can throw at it.  People who know a lot more about Banshee's iPod support than I do tend to hang around this mailing list, so I'm sure if you run into any trouble, they'll be happy to give suggestions.

2. I've haven't heard of Banshee (or any of the other Linux media players) messing up an iPod so badly that restoring it in iTunes isn't an option.  That doesn't mean it hasn't happened, I guess, but I can only imagine that those cases are rare.  Personally, I've restored my 5th gen iPod with with iTunes several times over the past two years that I've been using Banshee.  Other than deleting the music and rebuilding the library as expected, this process has always been painless for me.

I would guess that there's no harm in trying, as long as you have backups of any media that may already be on the device.  If you want to wait for more concrete answers than my "it works for me!" response, that's definitely understandable, especially when hardware is concerned.  Good luck!

Michael