Re: [Banshee-List] banshee not synchronising with iPod

On 09/13/2010 10:17 PM, Michael Martin-Smucker wrote:
> To run Banshee in a way that collects useful debugging information,
> run 'banshee --debug'. This will spit out a lot of text as things
> are happening. Copying this text and pasting it into emails and bug
> reports makes finding problems much, much easier for developers.

To supplement this response, note that the Terminal application has, by
default, a limit of 512 lines of scroll-back.  So if the output from
Banshee exceeds 512 lines, you will not be able to copy and paste the log.

A better approach would be to run the following command.  I suggest
copying and pasting it so as to avoid typing errors -- every character
here has a very specific purpose.

banshee --debug | tee banshee.log

The output will then be duplicated in the "banshee.log" file.  Start
Banshee using this command, duplicate the behavior you have observed,
and then quit banshee.  The file "banshee.log" will then exist in your
home directory, and you can simply attach it to your message.  (This
will also ensure that we get the log completely intact, without any
silly line wrapping or other munging.)

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com

If you correspond with me on a regular basis, please read this document:
http://www.chrishowie.com/email-preferences/

PGP fingerprint: 2B7A B280 8B12 21CC 260A DF65 6FCE 505A CF83 38F5