Re: [Banshee-List] banshee unintelligent interface.

I agree with IBBoard.  The changes generally look good, but I disagree with removing the status bar unless you want to show that information somewhere else.  That information can be very valuable in some contexts (eg, when making a playlist to sync to a device, you need to know how much space the music in the playlist takes), and the vertical pixels saved by removing it are borderline negligible.

Other than that, I definitely agree with your changes.  Banshee's toolbar feels a little cluttered right now, and I think you've made some good refinements.  I also leave the context pane turned off because it takes up so much space at the bottom, but if it was along the side, I might actually use it.

If you're serious about having these changes made to the Banshee interface, you should probably open separate bug reports for each major interface change that you are proposing.  Detail in writing and with mockups the specific change, and give scenarios explaining how your proposed changes are better than the current interface.  Try to think about every potential problem, for example, the Play Queue and Internet Archive sources add some extra buttons at the top... where would those buttons fit into your design?

I really like the mockups... good luck!
Michael