Re: [Banshee-List] Status update for the maverick applications selection

Hi James,

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 9:09 AM, A. James Lewis <james fsck co uk> wrote:
> I don't see how Banshee can be simply dropped in to replace Rhythmbox in
> Ubuntu when it still does not recognise the same albumsort tag as used
> by rhythmbox.  I asked about this on the Banshee list 2 years ago, and
> was told that Rhythmbox tags are wrong and I just need to retag 10's of
> thousands of existing files.... this is not practical/acceptable to me
> and I don't see how it will be to anyone else!

Can you point us to where this was discussed?  A lot has changed with
Banshee's metadata support in the last two years (with about
everything in Banshee, really), so this might no longer be broken.  Or
if it is, we can reconsider a compatibility shim.

> I tested the latest Banshee in Maverick, and I still see 20 or 30 copies
> of the same album with 1 track in each... exactly the situation I
> pointed out before and was simply told to "go away".,,.,

Where were you told that?  (Bugzilla, or mailing list, or? URL would
be great).  We generally have quite a friendly, helpful community, so
I apologize you weren't responded to in a helpful way.

Cheers,

Gabriel