Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee Library

Just to extend on that, it is actually Banshee that is doing the right
thing based on the data it has. The tags in MP3s have specific purposes,
and the "compilation album artist" is there to allow compilations to be
grouped under "Various" or the main band's name if they did a lot of
collaborations. WMP was either reading some non-standard data or pulling
it from somewhere else to group the albums the way it did, but as soon
as you add the standard meta-data to your files then Banshee will do the
same thing - as will any other app that follows the tagging standard
properly :)