Re: [Banshee-List] The most annoying thing in Banshee...

I can't say I've ever had a real problem with the playlist. I've
occasionally had it jump back to the queue when I didn't want it to
(queued a few tracks, had "auto-fill" enabled, tried to skip back to my
main playlist after those tracks only to have it play one track and go
back to the queue it populated) but I think that bug has been fixed.

TBH I think the Banshee behaviour makes perfect sense. Double-clicking a
file means "open it now". Double-clicking an exe means "run it now".
Double clicking a folder means "go there now". Most people are probably
more likely to say "I want to play that track right now" or "start
playing from this track" rather than "I want to queue this up next", so
having double-click mimic double-clicking in the rest of the OS* as a
"do it right now" action seems to make sense.

Being able to drag from the queue to a playlist or right-clicking and
saying "Create playlist from queue" would be good features to request,
but adding to the queue seems to be working fine in the latest dev
builds and is just a right-click away.

* The exception being what I think are the defaults in KDE4, where
double-click means "open it twice because I'm set up for a weird
hover-to-select-and-click-to-open behaviour".