Re: [Banshee-List] Cannot install 1.7.4

Hi,
As Jensen said, you'll need the Banshee Unstable PPA, and even then it might take a couple days for the latest release to get packaged and added to the repository.  If you want to build from a tarball instead, I think you'll want to use ./configure instead of ./autogen.sh.  So the whole command would be ./configure && make && sudo make install.  If you build Banshee yourself, though, that means you'll also have to satisfy all the dependencies yourself if you want to use some of the shiny new features.

Michael

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 5:50 AM, Jensen Somers <jensen somers gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 23:57, delicio <delicio gmail com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I cannot update Banshee to the latest version via Synaptics because it isn't
> listed, even with the repository correctly configured.

Since you are working with Synaptic as the installation manager I
assume you are using Ubuntu. Forgive me if I'm wrong.
To get the latest Banshee version you need to use the Banshee unstable
builds PPA at https://launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive/banshee-unstable.
Installation instructions are provided on that page.

> Then I tried to install with the tarball but there are no installation
> instructions inside de package. :(

I assume that a tarball contains the basic instructions, ./autogen.sh
&& make && make install should to the trick.