Re: [Banshee-List] Cannot install 1.7.4

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 23:57, delicio <delicio gmail com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I cannot update Banshee to the latest version via Synaptics because it isn't
> listed, even with the repository correctly configured.

Since you are working with Synaptic as the installation manager I
assume you are using Ubuntu. Forgive me if I'm wrong.
To get the latest Banshee version you need to use the Banshee unstable
builds PPA at https://launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive/banshee-unstable.
Installation instructions are provided on that page.

> Then I tried to install with the tarball but there are no installation
> instructions inside de package. :(

I assume that a tarball contains the basic instructions, ./autogen.sh
&& make && make install should to the trick.