Re: [Banshee-List] bug: Banshee / Magnatune extension not working for Magnatune members

Can you guys file this bug?

Thanks,

  Andres

On 13/11/10 19:37, Mark Stosberg wrote:

I have tried the Magnatune extension with Banshee 1.6 and 1.8 in Ubuntu
Lucid, but it doesn't work for me in either one. The failure mode is the
same both cases... the initial screen loads with the genre list, but
clicking on a genre causes nothing to happen, except perhaps a flash of
the word "Connecting..."

Max,

I looked into this further and understand the issue better now. First,
if I enter no username and password and select "None" for the membership
type, then clicking on a genre does play something.

( Although, I miss the control that Rhythmbox has that allows me to
search for specific artists or albums ).

The bug is triggered when I enter a correct username and password select
"Download" as the membership type.

The extension makes a call like this:

GET /all/03-Long%20Trip%20To%20Evaporate%20-%20Liquid%20Zen_nospeech.mp3
HTTP/1.1\r\n

But the server responds with "401 Authorization Required". It appears
that the Magnatune extension *does* send the username and password to
the call for the M3U file, and some other part of Banshee isn't
preserving the authentication as the M3U file is translated into
specific calls to MP3 files.

      Mark