Re: [Banshee-List] MeeGo Media Panel popping up?

On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 20:25 -0700, goshawk wrote:
> I just installed v1.7.1 on Ubuntu Karmic. Now, everytime I start the player,
> the Meego Media Panel pops up on top of the regular interface. To the best
> of my knowledge, I didn't install or enable Meego - the only extension I've
> installed is clutterflow - and I don't want it there. I can't find a way to
> turn it off. Can anyone tell me what's going on.
>
> Also, v1.7.1 does not permit me to exit. Choosing quit simply iconifies the
> app to the notification area; choosing quit from the icon does nothing - I
> have to kill the app. Am I missing something?

Those two issues are caused by the fact that the MeeGo extension is
included in the 1.7.1 package available in the banshee-unstable PPA, and
it's enabled by default.
I think our dear packagers are already working to split the MeeGo stuff
into a specific package.

In the meantime, you can manually remove the MeeGo extension :
sudo rm /usr/lib/banshee-1/Extensions/Banshee.MeeGo.dll*

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>