Re: [Banshee-List] Support for iPod

On Sat, 2010-05-08 at 18:17 +0200, Jensen Somers wrote:
> On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 17:23, G o t h a m <gotham64 gmail com> wrote:
> > I've just discovered that support for iPod in Banshee 1.6 is not working at
> > all. When I plug my iPod Nano 5g into my freshly installed Ubuntu 10.04
> > 32Bit OS, the Banshee browser doesn't show my iPod. This problem doesn't
> > seem to be Ubuntu related, since Rythmbox works OK with my iPod.
> > --
> > G o t h a m
> >

> The problem lies with the ipod-sharp that comes with Ubuntu. There is
> something not patched correctly or patched at all and for the moment
> neither the official repository or the PPA seem to provide a fix. And
> I don't know whether building ipod-sharp from source will solve it.
>
> - Jensen
The problem from what I remember is that ipod-sharp hasnt been ported to
devicekit (or maybe some other components that replaced HAL too) yet. I
hear some people are working on it but its not high on the Ubuntu
developers list of things to do. It has been broken since Karmic. The
upside is that rhythmbox is still working fine with iPods.

--fagan