Re: [Banshee-List] possible to mark all songs UNHEARD

I'm going to have to agree with Michael Martin-Smucker's solution here.  All of the other options work to an extent... however it is no easier to edit your database manually than it is to bump up a number by one in your smart playlist.  All of them are hackish at best except for Michael's and would give you favorable results with an appropriately sized playlist. :)

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Chow Loong Jin <hyperair gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:13:22 -0400
Michael Martin-Smucker <mlmartin13 gmail com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:00 PM, rebeltaz <mrmagnet bellsouth net>
> wrote:
>

> > Michael Martin-Smucker wrote:
> > >
> > > It seems like it would be a lot easier to edit the criteria for
> > > your playlist, rather than the metadata for all of your songs.
> > > Would creating a
> > > smart playlist of songs that have a play count of 1 solve your
> > > problem?
> > >

> > That would work once, but then I would need a playlist to play
> > songs with play count 2, and then play count 3... And that wouldn't
> > work on songs that I had already listened to a dozen times manually.
> >

> True enough.  And I doubt some of these other suggestions will work
> either if the goal is to have a playlist that let's you play each
> song exactly once, then remove it.  Creating a smart playlist
> matching the 'play count is at least 1' criteria doesn't guarantee
> that each song is played once before the list starts repeating, and
> neither does limiting the songs based on least played.  Simply
> shuffling through the music works to a degree - it shouldn't play a
> song twice before all other songs have been played once - but I don't
> think that past songs are remembered when you restart Banshee. So, ya
> know, just don't turn your computer off until you've listened to all
> of your music. :-p
>
> If you don't have 'write ratings and playcounts to files' turned on,
> you could clear your music library and re-import everything.  If you
> don't mind losing all of your ratings, playlists, and anything else
> that makes your music library personalized, this command should do
> the trick:  rm ~/.config/banshee-1/banshee.db
>
> Michael

Better yet, run this in a terminal:
sqlite3 ~/.config/banshee-1/banshee.db "update CoreTracks
set PlayCount=0, SkipCount=0"

This would set the playcount and skipcount of all tracks to 0,
accomplishing what rebeltaz was looking for in the first place.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin