Re: [Banshee-List] Multi-room

On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 19:54:03 -0700 (PDT)
Memes <vincent andre_banshee gadz org> wrote:

> You are right, but Pulseaudio needs to leave Banshee interface while
> I would like not to do. is there a way?
>
> the idea is to start banshee at startup and not leave it.

PulseAudio generally remembers the settings of streams once set, such
as which sink it was assigned to, and the volumes of each stream.
Hence, you could just assign Banshee to a virtual combined sink that
plays the music on the local computer's sound card and remote sound
cards, and PulseAudio would remember it the next time you start
Banshee. I think that would satisfy your use case of starting Banshee
at startup and not leaving it.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin