Re: [Banshee-List] Most Played List or Rating Plugin

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 16:49 -0800, brianfay wrote:
> I wonder if it's possible, instead of rating each song in my playlist to have
> a function where either Banshee would add music to a favorites playlist by
> the number of times it has been played. Or, even better, it seems to me,
> would be something that would rate songs by the number of times they have
> been played. Such a system sounds pretty complicated to me since it would
> have to update often since I wouldn't want it to simply be a case of 1 star
> = 1 play, 2 stars = 2 plays, and so on. Instead it should give the highest
> play counts 5 stars and work down from there. It sounds like a cool idea to
> me but I haven't coded anything since I tried a couple lines of BASIC in
> 1978.

I think what you want already exists, it's called "score".
It's a number between 0 and 100, calculated automatically and taking
into account the number of times a track has been played and skipped.

Like the rating, you can display it in the track list, sort by it and
use it in smart playlists.

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>