[Banshee-List] Banshee "x's" out songs

This problem has cropped up, off and on, for the past couple of months, but is much worse today. Every time I try to play a song it starts, but in a split second, I get an x in the far left column on the music menu and the song quits playing. The player status goes to idle. I have no idea what I did or how I did it. I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 and Banshee 1.5.2.