Re: [Banshee-List] New year and new lyrics plugin

On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 17:34 +0000, s0l1dsnak3123 wrote:
> Hi Christian, firstly I'd like to congratulate you on a great
> improvement to banshee's lyrics functionality! I have installed it
> from subversion (for the record, you need to have mono-gmcs installed
> as well as libwebkit1.0-cil) and it works really well.
>
> Some suggestions:
> - Add a scrolling lyrics marquee to the "now playing" section of
> banshee? (I'm not sure how you could detect the speed at which the
> text would have to be scrolled at though)

I think it's a good idea to show lyrics inside the "Now playing"
section, I worked a little on that but with poor results.. :)

> - An option to add the lyrics automatically to ID3 tags when Batch
> lyrics is performed (does this happen already, or is it stored in the
> database?)

Sounds goods. Currently lyrics are written in separate files, but it is
probably better to store it inside id3 tags. I'm working on it right
now.