[Banshee-List] Banshee problems with iPod, tags and playback

Hello people. I'm new to Linux and to Banshee, but I like it a lot. There are
a few things I don't understand about the player. I understand that the
following information might be helpful in order to get help: my Ubuntu
version is 9.10 Karmic Koala and my Banshee version is 1.6 Beta 2 (1.5.1).

First of all, it doesn't recognize my iPod Classic 120 GB. I connect it to
my laptop and nothing happens. As I said, I'm new to Ubuntu, so there's
probably something I have to do, but I don't know what. It worked with
Rhythmbox and with gtkpod, but I don't liked them. It wasn't recongnized by
Hipo either. I'd really like to use Banshee.

Second, I cannot edit the tag corresponding to Track Artist for more than
one file simultaneously. I'd really like to do that; I don't know if it's a
feature unavailable in Banshee or if it's a bug, or just me. I'd like to
know if it's possible to apply the same Track Artist to a bunch of tracks at
the same time, without having to edit it for each of them one by one.

Third, everytime I playback an album from the Albums view on the Browser, it
start playing the first track and continues with the next ones if and only
if I stay in the view of the album I want to play, which is kind of
annoying, because sometimes I'm looking for just one track to add to a
playlist or something and next thing I know is Banshee playing a track from
the current view, not from the album I wanted to play.

If you could help me with any (or all) of these little issues I'm having I'd
be quite grateful. Thank you very much in advance.